The word (HARD AND SWEET WATERS) which is not found in the original verse has been mentioned between parentheses in many interpretations particularly in the interpretation of the Directorate of Religious Affairs. If one of those seas has sweet waters, how come pearl and coral grow in these waters? It is a scientific fact that even if pearl is grown industrially, coral does not grow in sweet waters. This fact may lead people to think that there is contradiction in two verses of Quran.
On the other hand, the information which is stated between parentheses and not a part of the original verse is being compared with the situation explained in the 53rd verse of Furkan Surah…
Such mistakes in interpretations, are seen a lot especially in translations of the Directorate of Religious Affairs even if it is tried to be amended in the recent years..
Let us see this translation mistake by analyzing the verse….
Rahman Surah 19
Merecel bahreyni yeltekıyân(yeltekıyâni).
- merece : spilled
2. el bahreyni : two seas
3. yeltekıyâni : both will meet, come together
Let us check the Directorate of Religious Affairs translation:
19. (with hard and sweet waters) released two seas; they come together.
20. (But) there is an obstacle between them; they do not mix into each other.
21. So, which blessings of Allah do you confute?
22. Pearl and coral grows in both of those seas.
23. So, which blessings of Allah do you confute?
The right interpretation not distorted by the statement between parentheses;
19. He released both seas; they meet each other.
20. There is an obstacle between them; they do not exceed each other’s limit and mix.
21. Which blessings of Allah can you confute?
22. Pearl and coral grows in both of them.
23. Which blessings of Allah can you confute?
There is no contradiction in tis verse that emphasizes the surface tension of fluids scientifically approved in the recent years just as the two seas not mixing into each other. This verse is a miracle taking into consideration that such scientific fact cannot be known at that time….
The 53rd verse in Furkan Surah mentions about another situation. There is no any information in the verse regarding growth of pearl or coral in the sweet water. It cannot be anyway. Because there is no contradiction in Quran….
Furkan Surah 53rd verse
He, released both seas; this is fresh and sweet, that is salty and hard. Between both of them, a strong obstacle that prevents them to mix has been laid.